The Steel Fabrication Worker is responsible for producing the highest quality product in the most efficient, safe manner. They are responsible for blueprint reading, accurate layout and proper weld technics in accordance with AWS and AISC standards. Their duties may also include material handling and operation of automated machinery. They will be encouraged and challenged to present more efficient and effective procedures.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Interpret shop drawings.
- Measure and layout accurately following shop drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Weld in accordance to AWS D1.1 and other codes when apply.
- Read AWS weld symbols and utilize the proper welding procedure to produce the designated weld.
- Read and apply the information given on a WPS (welding procedure).
- Follow AISC practices and procedures.
- Visually inspect welds and layout dimensions of fellow fabricators.
- Operate automated equipment.
- Operate overhead crane and fork lifts for material handling.
- Paint or apply protective coating when required.
- Travel to job sites to erect and weld per prints or verbal instructions.
- Maintain and document information required per AWS and AISC.
- Special Projects
- Perform all special projects as requested by immediate supervisor.