The Steel Shop Material Handler is responsible for performing duties such as but not limited to material handling, operating machinery, painting and utilizing hand or power tools to complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner. They are responsible for blueprint reading, layout and painting to AISC procedures and standards. They will be encouraged and challenged to present more efficient and effective procedures.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Material Handler
- Interpret shop drawings.
- Measure and layout accurately following shop drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Work in accordance to AISC practices and procedures and other codes when applicable.
- Utilize painting procedures in accordance to SSPC.
- Operate overhead crane and fork lifts for material handling.
- Travel to job sites to preform duties assigned.
- Maintain and document information required per AISC.
- Special Projects
- Perform all special projects as requested by immediate supervisor.